Printer Program Update
October 23, 2018
University Printer Program Update—Installations Begins
The University Printer Program (UPP) will officially launch on Wednesday, October 24, 2018, with Commonwealth Technology beginning installation of 300 new printers. As previously announced, Phase I installations will include existing networked printersand will begin on the north side of campus in the Coates and Jones Buildings. A detailed timeline for the rest of campus and specific buildings will be provided here in the near future.
About Phase I…
- Existing networked printers will be replaced with a like printer; i.e., black and white for black and white, color for color, multi-function for multi-function;
- Printers will be new;
- Printers will be toner-based;
- UPP includes printer, maintenance services, and toner;
- Toner replacement, services, and meter readings will be automated;
- Service and supplies will be managed by on-campus staff from Commonwealth Technology;
Questions about Phase I? Contact Us
University Copier Program Note
In addition to the official launch of the University Printer Program, the University Copier Program will be experiencing an update and refresh. Beginning on October 24, 2018, Commonwealth Technology will replace approximately 100 copiers; nearly half the University fleet. This University Copier Program update and refresh will cause minimal interruption and will take approximately 2 to 3 weeks to complete.